Thursday, March 11

"I close the curtains and crawl back under the covers, but there's no way I can go back to sleep now. My head's too full of that enigmatic girl. A strange terrific force unlike anything I've ever experienced is sprouting in my heart, taking root there, growing. Shut up behind my rib cadge, my warm heart expands and contracts independent of my will - over and over.
I switch the light on and wait for the dawn, sitting up in bed. I can't read, can't listen to music. I can't do anything but sit there, waiting for morning to come. As the sky begins to lighten I do sleep a bit. When I wake up, my pillow's cold and damp with tears. But tears from what? I have no idea"


- Page 236 of Kafka on the Shore. Haruki Murakami has a remarkable way with words. 

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds incredible! The writing is so beautiful..I hope I can find the time to slot it in between post modernism perusing :)

    ReplyDelete