Wednesday, January 13

Travels

I've been thinking a lot these past few weeks, about many things. But a feeling I can't ignore is the constant want to travel.
I crave it.

Memories of being a little girl and driving through Maine with my mother swim around me as clearly as if they had just been created.
Much of that trip has escaped me, but one thing I remember is that drive. As we would approach the end of a street she would look down at me and ask me which direction I felt like venturing in.
Right? Left? Straight ahead?
I would stop, to consider the options, point in the direction which captivated me the most, and away we would go. I haven't a clue how long we traveled like this for, but the memories that I have kept are some of the dearest to my heart.

To have the time to get lost, to find your way back again, to meet and greet others. To hear their stories, to document. The very thought of that thrills me.
I yearn to travel alone, with friends, with a lover. I yearn to discover new things about myself, and about this world that I'm lucky to be in.
I yearn to get lost, and to find my way back again.

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful J, it touched me and reminded me about a passion i have on this earth.i want to live a life of spontaneity learn how to more greet change with open arms and not be afraid to get lost.
    thankyou

    ReplyDelete