Sunday, February 28


Drive to Bendigo 2009


Last evening I went for a drive up to Kinglake, and it was awe-inspiring. The further out of the city I travelled, the more I noticed changes in the air, the smells, the sounds. Subtleness in those changes relax me beyond comprehension sometimes. To drive out there with someone who also so appreciates the country made the spontaneous drive even more of a joy; from watching Kangaroos grazing on the side of the road at 1 o'clock in the morning, to being intimidated by the unprotected drop-off beside us on a winding road. It was the first time I ever had the benefit of visiting Kinglake, and it seemed unreal to see the insurmountable damage from Black Saturday. Even in the night, I saw naked, stripped, trees stretching out from the darkness. The nature was incredibly eerie, and  breathtaking all at once. 
I plan on spending as much time in the country this year as possible. Wether it be more midnight drives through Kinglake and the Dandenongs, or back up to the Otway and beyond. It's all of the smells, the vast expanses, the tales, and the feeling of being able to take a genuine deep breath that I am so strongly drawn to.


Goodnight Melbourne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment