Monday, February 8

I really adore the sound of cicadas. If someone had asked me my thoughts on them 5 years ago I would have glared, or scoffed my feelings of distain towards them. Little green creatures that had replaced my precious sounds of the ocean with an irksome buzz, I couldn't comprehend it.
Ask me what I think about them now, and I can't help but grin.
I now understand my mother's reasons for moving here, and I am so thankful for them. While I am still so very patriotic, and I carry so much pride for my home, I no longer feel the need to hang on to that for comfort.
Memories of driving down the Pacific Coast Highway, bound for Malibu, to Norah Jones's 'Don't Know Why' will be forever etched in my memory. And one day I hope to share that memory with someone close, but it no longer defines me.

It may have taken me 5 and a half years, but I finally call this most curious Nation, and the people in it, home.

Thank you for your patience, Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment