Tuesday, December 1

Nostalgic Indulgence..

Those who know me know that I am quite the space fanatic. For those who don't know me, it really is quite an obsession. This eve, during my waltz home from work, I saw one of the most beautiful sights that my eyes have witnessed in quite some time. This was thanks to the newly born summer, nostalgia, and a perfectly cloudless night. Before my move to Australia I used to sit on my windowsill, feet resting atop the roof, and I would gaze at the constellations. The ocean was my soundtrack. I've always adored open spaces and was beyond devastated when this altered so dramatically upon my move 5 years ago. When I looked up at the sky tonight I saw Orion, and the 3 unmistakeable stars that make up its belt. When I got back to my apartment I saw that I can just see this belt, the one I used to watch when I was so young, from my window.

I know this is most nerdy, however it is so comforting to see something that I used to get lost in half way around the world. Although the perspective is different, the location is different, and I am certainly different, the constellation is unchanged. I could feel heart swell, and I was convinced it would burst open with happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment