Sunday, December 6

"… What is is life for not to give up and die. You’re part of a great pool complex from which you can draw and to which you can also give. What is this spark which we want to keep alive to hand down."

— Margaret Bourke-White


I wrote a paper on Margaret Bourke-White, and I walked away from that paper thinking she was one of the strongest women I have ever had the pleasure to learn about. She was a strong, independent woman, a woman I hope to become more related to. The road in which we have to walk down everyday is quite a dark one. It is one that most of us get startled by, and one which has the power to break you. One that can confuse you and cause you to second guess all elements in your life, it can cause one to run away, and it can cause you to grow. Life's challenges are many, they are many and they are can be so complex. Everyone has their demons, but its the way in which we choose to deal with those demons that count. Its the way in which we relate to ourselves and our people that count.

Margaret Bourke-White was strong, she was independent, and I admire her beyond the description of words. Over the past few months I have been making changes. Big, altering, proud, and personal changes. I have anxiety problems, I'm started look in right in the eye, and I refuse to not challenge it. Every single day over the past few months I have feel challenging myself. Everyday I have been growing, understanding. Everyday I have been questioning and letting go a little bit more. No one has been aware of these personal challenges I have been making for myself, but thats not important. What is important is that I continue to grow, that I continue to adore my soul the way I adore my favorite person on this planet. Its important for that person of mine, and for all of us, to do that.

Life is messy, we make mistakes. We run away, and we come running back. I have always wanted to be alone, and I have always wanted to push those close to me far, far away. Its not till recently that I understand that no one is an Island. We have our people close by during trying times, and we need to embrace them. We need to embrace them because they make life richer, they make it easier. We all fall down, but I have faith that almost anyone can get back up again, and the people who stick by us while we go through those things are the right ones. They are the commendable ones. They are the true ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment